CSIT Graduate Manual
ITEC 5001, Seminar
- The schedule for ITEC-5001 seminars can be found here.
- Students must sign the attendance sheet to record their ITEC seminar attendance.
- Attending ITEC 5001 seminars does not require registration. In fact, you should register after attending 8 seminars.
- For external events, please inquire in advance with the seminar coordinator if the event can count towards ITEC seminar attendance. If so, students must submit a proof of attendance via an attendance form signed by the event organizer.
- CLUE events are preapproved. The CLUE attendance sheet is shared with us, no need for another proof of attendance.
- If you would like to present in an ITEC seminar, please email the seminar coordinator.
ITEC-5900, Directed Studies
Directed Studies (DS) course allows students to work on a topic that is not offered as a regular course. Read the CSIT Graduate Manual for the procedure to follow before you can register. You must coordinate with a faculty member to submit a course outline and a Directed Study Registration form.
Fast-track to PhD
The Fast-track option is to support students who are in a Master’s program, have shown strong research potential, and intend to do a PhD. The Fast-track option allows students to enter the PhD program without finishing the Master’s requirements including the thesis. Discuss this option with your supervisor if you are doing a Master's.