CSIT Graduate Manual
ITEC 5001, Seminar
- The schedule for ITEC-5001 seminars can be found here.
- Students must sign the attendance sheet to record their ITEC seminar attendance.
- Attending ITEC 5001 seminars does not require registration. In fact, you should register after attending 8 seminars.
- For external events, please inquire in advance with the seminar coordinator if the event can count towards ITEC seminar attendance. If so, students must submit a proof of attendance via an attendance form signed by the event organizer.
- CLUE events are preapproved. The CLUE attendance sheet is shared with us, no need for another proof of attendance.
- If you would like to present in an ITEC seminar, please email the seminar coordinator.
ITEC-5900, Directed Studies
Directed Studies (DS) course allows students to work on a topic that is not offered as a regular course. Read the CSIT Graduate Manual for the procedure to follow before you can register. You must coordinate with a faculty member to submit a course outline and a Directed Study Registration form.
ITEC-5905, MNET Project
MNET Projects can be done with any CSIT faculty. We also accept other Carleton faculty to supervise projects. Read the CSIT Graduate Manual for the procedure to follow before you can register. You must coordinate with a faculty member to submit a course outline and a MNET Project Registration form.
Fast-track to PhD
The Fast-track option is to support students who are in a Master’s program, have shown strong research potential, and intend to do a PhD. The Fast-track option allows students to enter the PhD program without finishing the Master’s requirements including the thesis. Discuss this option with your supervisor if you are doing a Master's.