Information for prospective students
I'm always looking for new talented, energetic and self-motivated graduate students with a strong background in computer networks, mathematics and programming. Send me an email for an appointment and we can discuss more.
Current students under my supervision
- Post Doc
- Ph.D. students
- Ola Ashour (co-supervised with Prof. Kunz)
- Ahmed Abada
- Mohammed Abuibaid
- Amirhossein Ghorab
- Master's students
- Jonathan Daigneault
- Ahmed Salem
- Abdulla Kalandar, M.A.Sc., 2020, "A Graph-Based Indexing Technique for Efficient Searching in Large Scale Textual Documents"
- Zhe Zhang, Ph.D., 2019, "Performance Improvements of In-network Caching in ICN-Based Networks"
- Jean-Daniel Medjo Me Biomo, Ph.D., 2019, "MBA-DRR: A Delay-Reducing Routing Protocol for Multi-Beam Directional Antennas in Multi-Hop Ad Hoc Networks"
- Amarjit Singh Dhillon, M.A.Sc., 2018, "An Edge Computing-based Complex Event Processing Technique for Sensor-based Systems", Senate Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Jasmeet Singh, M.A.Sc., 2018, "An Adaptive System for Allocating Virtual Machines in Clouds using Autoregression"
- Decheng Zhang, M.A.Sc., 2018, "Exact and Approximation Algorithms for the Planning and Design of Fog Networks"
- Faisal Haider, M.A.Sc., 2017, "On the Planning and Design Problem of Fog Networks"
- Riham Elhabyan, Post Doc, 2017, "Clustering and Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Sarabjeet Singh, M.A.Sc., 2017, "A User Relinquishment-based Resource Assignment Scheme to Maximize the Net Profit of Cloud Service Providers".
- Rami Sabouni, Ph.D., 2017, "Adaptive Coverage for Future LTE Networks".
- Mohammad Aazam Khan, Post Doc, 2017, "Resource Estimation in Cloud Computing Environments".
- Muhammad Raisul Alam, Ph.D., 2017, "Exact and Approximate Solutions for Energy Cost Optimization in Smart Homes".
- Qi Hu, M.A.Sc., 2016, "Reactive Prediction Models for Cloud Resource Estimation".
- Abhinandan Ramaprasath, M.A.Sc., 2016, "Design and Analysis of an Intelligent Wireless Ad Hoc Routing Protocol and Controller for UAV Networks".
- Ziyang Wang, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Resource Management in Wireless Cellular Networks with Heterogeneous Capacity Supply and Heterogeneous Traffic Demand (HetHetNets)".
- Afrim Sallahi, M.Sc., 2014, "Optimal Placement of Controllers in Software Defined Networks".
- Rabbi Rashid, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Combining Shortest Path First (SPF) and Source Routing for an Efficient Probing Solution in IPv6 Topology Discovery".
- Seyed Mousavi, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Early Detection of DDoS Attacks in Software Defined Networks Controller".
- Michael Rolbin, M.Eng., 2014, "Early detection of network threats using Software Defined Network (SDN) and virtualization".
- Jean-Daniel Medjo Me Biomo, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Unmanned Aeronautical Ad-hoc Networks: Enhancing the Reactive-Greedy-Reactive Protocol and Introducing a New Mobility Model".
- Wang Xiang, M.A.Sc., 2013, "Flexible Residential Smart Grid Simulation Framework".
- Frédéric Demers, M.A.Sc., 2013, "Radiometric Identification of Long Term Evolution Transmitters".
- Dima Dababneh, M.A.Sc., 2013, "LTE Traffic Generation and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) Network Planning".
- Rostam Shirani, M.A.Sc., 2011, "Reactive-Greedy-Reactive in Unmanned Aeronautical Ad-hoc Networks: A Combinational Routing Mechanism".
- Ahmad Rasem, M.A.Sc., 2011, "O-PMIPv6: Optimized Proxy Mobile IPv6".
- Mohammad Reza Pasandideh, M.A.Sc., 2010, "Automatic Planning of 3G UMTS All-IP Release 4 Networks with Realistic Traffic".
- Frank Cervantes, M.A.Sc., 2010, "Performance of a Frequency-Hopped Real-Time Remote Control System in a Multiple Access Scenario".
- Yahya Osais, Ph.D., 2010, "New Optimization Models for Directional and Biological Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Shafagh Alikhani, M.A.Sc., 2010, "iCCA-MAP: A Mobile Node Localization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Abdel Rabassa, M.A.Sc, 2010, "Simulation Platform for the Planning and Design of Networks Carrying VoIP Traffic".
- Tebatso Nage, M.A.Sc., 2009, "TCP-Aware Network Coding with Opportunistic Scheduling in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks".
- Shangyun (Elaine) Liu, M.A.Sc., 2009, "Approximate Algorithms for the Global Planning Problem of UMTS Networks".