Information for prospective students
I'm always looking for new energetic and self-motivated graduate students with a strong background in computer networks, mathematics and C/C++ programming. I'm also open to supervise students who already have an idea of what they would like to work on. Send me an email for an appointment and we can discuss more.
Current students under my supervision
- Post Doc
- Ph.D. students
- Jean-Daniel Medjo Me Biomo (co-supervised with Prof. Kunz)
- Zhe Zhang (co-supervised with Prof. Lung)
- Ramin Babaee
- Abid Jan Durrani (co-supervised with Prof. Kunz)
- Ola Ashour (co-supervised with Prof. Kunz)
- Master's students
- Faisal Haider
- Decheng Zhang
- Jasmeet Singh
- Amarjit Singh (co-supervised with Prof. Majumdar)
- Riham Elhabyan, Post Doc, 2017, "Clustering and Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Sarabjeet Singh, M.A.Sc, 2017, "A User Relinquishment-based Resource Assignment Scheme to Maximize the Net Profit of Cloud Service Providers".
- Rami Sabouni, Ph.D., 2017, "Adaptive Coverage for Future LTE Networks".
- Mohammad Aazam Khan, Post Doc, 2017, "Resource Estimation in Cloud Computing Environment".
- Muhammad Raisul Alam, Ph.D., 2017, "Exact and Approximate Solutions for Energy Cost Optimization in Smart Homes".
- Qi Hu, M.A.Sc, 2016, "Reactive Prediction Models for Cloud Resource Estimation".
- Abhinandan Ramaprasath, M.A.Sc., 2016, "Design and Analysis of an Intelligent Wireless Ad Hoc Routing Protocol and Controller for UAV Networks".
- Ziyang Wang, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Resource Management in Wireless Cellular Networks with Heterogeneous Capacity Supply and Heterogeneous Traffic Demand (HetHetNets)".
- Afrim Sallahi, M.Sc., 2014, "Optimal Placement of Controllers in Software Defined Networks".
- Rabbi Rashid, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Combining Shortest Path First (SPF) and Source Routing for an Efficient Probing Solution in IPv6 Topology Discovery".
- Seyed Mousavi, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Early Detection of DDoS Attacks in Software Defined Networks Controller".
- Michael Rolbin, M.Eng., 2014, "Early detection of network threats using Software Defined Network (SDN) and virtualization".
- Jean-Daniel Medjo Me Biomo, M.A.Sc., 2014, "Unmanned Aeronautical Ad-hoc Networks: Enhancing the Reactive-Greedy-Reactive Protocol and Introducing a New Mobility Model".
- Wang Xiang, M.A.Sc., 2013, "Flexible Residential Smart Grid Simulation Framework".
- Frédéric Demers, M.A.Sc., 2013, "Radiometric Identification of Long Term Evolution Transmitters".
- Dima Dababneh, M.A.Sc., 2013, "LTE Traffic Generation and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) Network Planning".
- Rostam Shirani, M.A.Sc., 2011, "Reactive-Greedy-Reactive in Unmanned Aeronautical Ad-hoc Networks: A Combinational Routing Mechanism".
- Ahmad Rasem, M.A.Sc., 2011, "O-PMIPv6: Optimized Proxy Mobile IPv6".
- Mohammad Reza Pasandideh, M.A.Sc., 2010, "Automatic Planning of 3G UMTS All-IP Release 4 Networks with Realistic Traffic".
- Frank Cervantes, M.A.Sc., 2010, "Performance of a Frequency-Hopped Real-Time Remote Control System in a Multiple Access Scenario".
- Yahya Osais, Ph.D., 2010, "New Optimization Models for Directional and Biological Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Shafagh Alikhani, M.A.Sc., 2010, "iCCA-MAP: A Mobile Node Localization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks".
- Abdel Rabassa, M.A.Sc, 2010, "Simulation Platform for the Planning and Design of Networks Carrying VoIP Traffic".
- Tebatso Nage, M.A.Sc., 2009, "TCP-Aware Network Coding with Opportunistic Scheduling in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks".
- Shangyun (Elaine) Liu, M.A.Sc., 2009, "Approximate Algorithms for the Global Planning Problem of UMTS Networks".