Dr. F. Richard Yu
F. Richard Yu received his PhD degree from UBC in 2003. From 2002 to 2006, he worked at Ericsson and a start-up in California, USA. He joined Carleton in 2007, where he is currently a Full Professor. He received the IEEE Outstanding Service Award in 2016, IEEE Outstanding Leadership Award in 2013, Carleton Research Achievement Award in 2012, the Ontario Early Researcher Award in 2011, the Leadership Opportunity Fund Award from CFI in 2009, and many Best Paper Awards. His research interests include cyber-physical systems, connected / autonomous vehicles, security, blockchain, and deep learning. He serves on the editorial boards of several major journals, including Area Editor for IEEE Comm. Surveys Tutorials, and Lead Series Editor for IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech. He has served as the TPC Co-Chair of numerous conferences. Dr. Yu is a registered Professional Engineer, a Fellow of the IET, and a Fellow of the IEEE. He is a Distinguished Lecturer and the Vice President (Membership) of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society.
- Connected/autonomous Vehicles
- Wireless cyber-physical systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Ad Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks Journal
- Lead Series Editor, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology - Connected Vehicles Series
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking
- Area Editor, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
Chairs & Technical Program Committees
- General Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Blockchain 2019 (Blockchain-2019), Atlanta, GA, July 2019.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE ICC'19 - Green Communication Systems and Networks Symposium, Shanghai, P.R. China, May 2019.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE GlobalSIP - Green Communications and Networking, Anaheim, CA, Nov. 2018.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE VTC’18 Workshop on High Mobility Wireless Communications, Porto, Portugal, June 2018.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE ICC’18 Workshop on Information-Centric Edge Computing and Caching for Future Networks, Kansas City, MO, May 2018.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE Infocom’18 Workshop 2017 Workshop on Integrating Edge Computing, Caching, and Offloading in Next Generation Networks (IECCO), Honolulu, HI, Apr. 2018.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE Globecom’17 - Next-Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Singapore, Dec. 2017.
- TPC Co-Chair, the 20th ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, Miami Beach, FL, Nov. 2017.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE VTC’17Fall - Cognitive Radio and Spectrum Management Track, Toronto, Canada, Sept. 2017.
- Member of Steering Committee, IEEE VTC’17 Workshop on Connecting All Things for Enabling Smart Cities (CONTEST), Sydney, Australia, June 2017.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE INFOCOM’17 Workshop on Integrating Edge Computing, Caching, and Offloading in Next Generation Networks (IECCO), Atlanta, GA, USA, May 2017.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE Globecom’16 - Communications Software, Services and Multimedia Applications Symposium, Washington, DC, USA, Dec. 2016.
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE Globecom’16 - Workshop on Big Data and Wireless Networks, Washington, DC, USA, Dec. 2016.
- General Co-Chair, IEEE VTC’16 Workshop on Connecting All Things for Enabling Smart Cities (CONTEST), Nanjing, China, May 2016.
- Vice-President (Membership), IEEE Vehicular Technology Society, (2018-)
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (2017-)
- Member of Board of Governors, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (2016-)
- NET4007 Multimedia Networking (4th Year, Fall Term)
- NET4010 Secure Mobile Networking (4th Year, Winter Term)
- NET4901 Network Technology Project (4th Year, Winter Term)
- PLT4900 Photonics Research Project (4th Year, Fall Term)