Graduate Research Projects:
- Educational Technologies: Use of various technologies for creating interactive and personalized content, virtual and in-person presentation of content, and reflective tools for learning assistance.
- Multimodal Human-Computer Interaction: This project investigates the use of multiple modalities, including but not limited to video-based input and wearable devices, to control games and other applications.
- Procedural Character Animation: This
project involves creating computational models and software components to
generate character animation (such as walking, dancing, facial expressions, etc)
instead of using pre-captured and keyframed animations.
- Gamification and Serious/Educational Games: This is an umbrella for a variety of projects related to the use of digital media for non-entertainment, especially educational, objectives.
- Digital Media and Individual/Group Identities: The
projects aims at investigating the relation between the use of technology(digital emdia in particular) and individual/group sense of identity.
- Other projects may be available based on student interests and skills, especially in the area of digital art
Directed Study and USRA Projects for IMD Students:
- Serious Games and Educational Technologies: This is an
umbrella for a variety of projects related to the use of digital media for
non-entertainment, especially educational, objectives.
- Mobile Development: This project targets development of innovative mobile applications particularly games and mainly for Android platform.
- Alternative Input Systems and Wearable Sensors: This project investigates the use of alternative interfaces (mainly video-based and wearables) to control games and other applications.
- HTML-5 and WebGL: HTML-5 opens up new oportunities for app/game development by providing functionality like in-browser rendering. This project investigates some of these possibilities and aims at developing a game engin on top of WebGL.
- Other projects may be available based on student interests and skills
Teaching and Administrative Duties:
- Senior Project Coordinator
BIT-2400, Intermediate Programming
BIT-1400, Computer Programming
- SYSC-5807, Interactive Media and Digital Art